Wednesday, June 2, 2010

More Than a File

The Journey of Hope Camp was an experience that no words can describe! Yet here I sit and try. Well...it was an emotional kaleidoscope; feelings of joy, sorrow, amazement, worry, love all mixing together. We enjoyed the time that we spent with these kids so much! In the short time that we were there, we came to care for them deeply. The responsibility of finding families for these children weighs on our hearts heavier than ever because we have met them. We have seen their smiles, felt their hugs and know how much they could flourish in a family of their own. They are more than files and a couple of photos. Time and time again we would be smiling over how wonderful they were and then holding back the tears as our hearts broke for them. The most powerful moment I had while I was in China happened when I was back in my hotel room talking with my kids. They were all missing me (I missing them as well) and wanting me to come home. I explained to them that I would be home very soon but that it was important for me to be there. I told them that I was there to help find families for children who didn't have a mommy or a daddy. In that moment the reality of it hit me like a ton of bricks. I've worked at AAC for more some time now and never has it been so raw to me like it was in that moment. Here were my children, missing their mommy. Wanting their mommy to be there to tuck them in a night, send them off to school in the morning, and hug and kiss them. Then there were these loving children who had never known that. I will never forget that moment of clarity.

Many of you reading this post now are already considering adoption (or adopting again). I urge you to consider these waiting children. They are so much more than the words that we can say about them. Please take a look at our website www.aacadoption.com, click on waiting children from the drop down menu and view their profile. If you feel the strings of your heart being tugged by one of them, feel free to call 970-532-3576 or email info@aacadoption.com anytime. I would love to tell you about my experience with that specific child.

~Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment